Before you can create a post on your course site, you must log-in to the site with your regular Bucknell username and password (you can click on this link, or use the Log-In link at the bottom of the website). You will know you are logged in because you will see a black toolbar at the top of the page
- On the black toolbar at the top of the page, click +New; by default this will create a new Post.
- This will take you to an edit page that says Add New Post at the top (if it says Add New Page, you’re creating a Page and not a Post; you want to create a Post)
- Write the title for your post in the box at the top of the page that says Enter title here
- The main edit box on the page is for the body of your post
- There is a formatting bar above the edit box where you can Insert/edit link, format the font, etc.
- Once you’ve added your text, be sure to select the appropriate Categories from the right side-bar (for your bio, select Authors)
- When you’re done, click Publish
- You can then click on the View Post link
- Remember that you can Edit a post at any time
- Access the post via the website and click Edit Post in the black toolbar at the top of the screen
- Or go to Dashboard > Posts > find your post and select Edit
If you have any questions, email Emily at egs008[at]bucknell[dot]edu.